src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">

JAN'S IDEA BOX

Simple ideas, motivation, and brainstorming for beginning entrepreneurs. Folllow my journey as I learn about internet business, blogs, and websites. Get to know some fellow internet entrepreneurs and enjoy some off topic ideas, too, while you're here.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Did you know I use to show horses?

We had a few horses at our small farm in northern IL.

In 1976 I showed Arabian Horses in class A shows in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Indiana. We also showed in class B shows near our home in northern IL.

I showed in Showmanship at Halter (I always placed) and Western Pleasure (I never placed at the class A shows). I always got first or second at the class B shows.

My favorite horse was a black and white paint called Patches because I was allowed to ride it in the woods near our home. Another favorite was foal born at our farm and it was fun watching it grow.

I rarely get to ride anymore, but still love it. Someday I'd like to do an overnight ride and campout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Jan's Idea Box