src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">

JAN'S IDEA BOX

Simple ideas, motivation, and brainstorming for beginning entrepreneurs. Folllow my journey as I learn about internet business, blogs, and websites. Get to know some fellow internet entrepreneurs and enjoy some off topic ideas, too, while you're here.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Experience

No matter how educated we can afford to become, it cannot replace experience.
I couldn't afford classes, but I could make myself available to take pictures. My classroom.... the real world. The cost.....my time.
I volunteered to take photos for any event at work. Soon my pictures of the residents and staff ended up in the newletters and on the walls of the office (thank you Blake Foundation!). I've been doing this for the past few years. Staff often got tired of my flashing camera (but who did they call when they needed a copy of a photo of someone?.....yep-me!). Residents sought me out to get in front of the camera. People started requesting their photos taken and inquiring if I'd be at events with my camera.

Last year I became the official photographer! I don't get paid extra. I do it for the title and the experience.
It's well worth it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Jan's Idea Box