src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">

JAN'S IDEA BOX

Simple ideas, motivation, and brainstorming for beginning entrepreneurs. Folllow my journey as I learn about internet business, blogs, and websites. Get to know some fellow internet entrepreneurs and enjoy some off topic ideas, too, while you're here.

Friday, June 02, 2006

FINANCIAL MOTIVATION

My second job was ending in a few weeks. I was VERY dependent on that second income.

I hadn't had to look for a job in six years! I've never been out of work longer than two weeks and have usually had two jobs. I figured returning to bartending would give me some quick cash. I hadn't done it for years, but felt I could do a slow shift at a neighborhood bar. I started the painful process of filling out applications. In the past when I looked for work, I had the goal of 10 applications a week. I started out close to my house and worked my way out. I applied for a bartending positions for two weeks. If I didn't get a bartending position I planned to return and fill out a new one and would take a waitress position. It worked before, so I got started!

The first week with my schedule, I was only able to put in 5 applications......no results. I really needed to have a plan B. A friend had a well paying job opening at her work, but that wouldn't be available for two more months. I started to think.

At work they were familiar with my photos. I talked to the peson in charge of the weekely meetings that included all the house managers and asked if I could be put on the agenda to show my photos. I would give a complimentry 8 X 10 framed photo of their choice for the office. When I got the "OK" I invested $25 in frames and reprints of my photos. I designed and printed out an order form. I pulled out my ink stamp-Jan F. Pavis, Photographer!

I was very excited to have gathered the courage to ask. At this point, it didn't matter if I got any orders. I would have my photo displayed at the office and have further exposure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Jan's Idea Box