src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">

JAN'S IDEA BOX

Simple ideas, motivation, and brainstorming for beginning entrepreneurs. Folllow my journey as I learn about internet business, blogs, and websites. Get to know some fellow internet entrepreneurs and enjoy some off topic ideas, too, while you're here.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

TEMPLATE FOR POSTS

First post with a post template!

IT WORKED! I hit new post and I just typed over the words and everything is in the font, size, color, and justification I want!

If you find yourself repeating the same basic post design, make yourself a template and streamline your posting. I'm sure there is an easier way to make your own template, but this is how I did mine. I figured it out on my own through trial and error. It's simple really and you don't need to know Html.

I started a new post.
  1. I wrote "first line"
  2. I double spaced and wrote "post here"
  3. I highlighted the first line, changed the font name, size, hit bold, changed the color, and the justification.
  4. I did the same for the second line, but skipped the bold.
  5. I went from "compose" to "edit html" >highlighted all>copied (control/c)
  6. Title it "template", and save the post as a draft, in case I had to make changes.
  7. I went to my blog>settings>formating>post template.
  8. Pasted (control/v) the code in "post template".
  9. Go to "new post" and type over "first line" and "post here" to create a new post.
  10. Publish it, hit refresh, and see if it works.
  11. If it works, delete the draft of the "template" post!
  12. Post as needed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Jan's Idea Box