src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">

JAN'S IDEA BOX

Simple ideas, motivation, and brainstorming for beginning entrepreneurs. Folllow my journey as I learn about internet business, blogs, and websites. Get to know some fellow internet entrepreneurs and enjoy some off topic ideas, too, while you're here.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

GRADUATED TO WORDPRESS

Today I used WordPress for the first time.

I struggled most of yesterday trying to figure out how to get WordPress to my domain. I finally had to give up and go to work rather fustrated. This morning, refreshed I read some answers from the blogs I posted on and found something I overlooked.....the link in my e-mail from Fantastico (I used Fantastico from my cpanel on my domain to upload WordPress) to admistration on my blog! I still haven't figured out how to get my WP blog template of choice up, but I was able to familiarize myself with WP. I just love it. I really like how it catagorizes things. As much as I have to learn, I found it fairly easy to use.

The hard part is getting it to the domain. If I had a few bucks I would have taken one forum's poster's suggestion to give some high school kid some gas money to do it for me!! It would've been well worth it. I do like the satisfacation of figuring it out myself now that part of it is over. I am out of energy and time to figure out how to get the template I want on the domain. Actually its a sub domain because I hope to have a website companion to the blog.

I will probably keep this blog here for quite awhile and use my time and my energy for new projects on my own domains instead of changing this one over, for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Jan's Idea Box