src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">

JAN'S IDEA BOX

Simple ideas, motivation, and brainstorming for beginning entrepreneurs. Folllow my journey as I learn about internet business, blogs, and websites. Get to know some fellow internet entrepreneurs and enjoy some off topic ideas, too, while you're here.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

DIFFERENT TYPE OF PARTNERSHIP

Not all partnerships are about hooking up to split profits.

Partnerships bring to mind complimetary skills and talents joining together on a common project, sharing the work, and splitting the profits/losses. Recently I entered into a different type of partnership.

Let me tell you how it started and came about. A few weeks ago a fellow forum member, Trigatch4 and I exchanged a few PM's (private messages) and eventually I joined AIM (AOL intant messaging) and when we began to chat we found out we had some similarities.

  • Fairly new to the world of the internet entrepreneur.
  • Aren't where we want to be.
  • Lacked the skills needed to take us to the next level.
  • Strong drive to learn.
  • Motivated to get rid of the wage earning jobs.
  • Minimal support for our internet pursuits.
It was fun to chat because we have a similar sense of humor. I naturally wonder why people come into my life, I always believe there's a purpose. At first I didn't see it. We live pretty opposite sides of the US. There's an age gap. With both of being new, what did we really have to offer each other? After a few days it was clear...we could be support partners-SP. In the business world it would be called a stratigic alignment.

SP partners provide one to one support to their partners as they pursue their goals. Partners become familiar with each other to personally know what motivates each other and personally know the needs of their partner. Support is provided in a variety of ways, depending on the needs of the partners.

  • Focus
  • Motivation
  • Inspiration
  • Brainstorming
  • Goal setting
  • Accountability
  • Skill coaching/instructing
  • Resources
  • Contacts
We both found something we needed to work on and set a date to accomplish it. We ended up extending the date, but we got our respective projects done. Mine had to do with the 6D blog team. I finally finished getting the blog team details written and on the computer. While he worked on his SP goal, he came up with a new idea he is checking into. He also accomplished taking another step to acquire the skills he needs to progress. We will probably be setting our next goal within the next few days.

I know I can move forward at a more steady and consitant pace when I make a commitment. Even though we were a few days late (we mutually
agreed to change the date), I got more done than if I had not been in this parntership! An bonus benifit-the fun we have chatting in between the "business" chat. Its a good thing on many levels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Jan's Idea Box