src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">

JAN'S IDEA BOX

Simple ideas, motivation, and brainstorming for beginning entrepreneurs. Folllow my journey as I learn about internet business, blogs, and websites. Get to know some fellow internet entrepreneurs and enjoy some off topic ideas, too, while you're here.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

SELF TAUGHT SKILLS

Skill building is essential in any profession

I have been building my skils which is a slow and painful process for me. Its mostly by trial an error and asking questions when I get stuck. I was a bit discouraged, but I know the past "classes" will help me tremendously. My posting hasn't been as frequent, but its a sacrifice that was necessary.

These are the steps I have accomplished the past few weeks:
  • Registering domains with GoDaddy and hosting them myself. I previously had only registered with Reseller Zoom and it automatically went to my hosting account.
  • Imported a blog from Blogger to a WordPress on one of my sites. As soon as the domain propagates I will be transfeing Ideas to its new home.
  • Downloaded a website template and put it up on one of my sites. I have even managed to customize colors, put ads in, create links, and add text! The lessons I learned while fooling around on the Blogger template helped me.
  • Researched my first internet purchase possibility. I have chosen against the purchase, but I feel comfortable I checked into it and thought about it enough.
  • Decided it was time to stop hunting and gathering information full time. I realize its time to spend more time using the information I've gathered and put to use the new found skills.
  • Gathered some confidence to share a few ideas to see if anyone else was interested. My great ideas weren't as great as I thought, but taking the step to get some input was a good move. It will make it easier next time I feel inspired and who knows when one of my great ideas will truely be great!
Overall the past week and a half has been productive. I feel now its time to move on to the next level and be making some money by my birthday, April 2007!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Jan's Idea Box