src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">

JAN'S IDEA BOX

Simple ideas, motivation, and brainstorming for beginning entrepreneurs. Folllow my journey as I learn about internet business, blogs, and websites. Get to know some fellow internet entrepreneurs and enjoy some off topic ideas, too, while you're here.

Monday, October 16, 2006

SEPTEMBER REPORT

Finally getting to Sept EOM!
  • September Goals Reviewed
  • Milestones
  • Traffic
  • Unplanned
  • Review of September
  • October Goals
SEPTEMBER GOALS REVIEWED
  • Idea's post goals-met
  • Group Home
    • Domain registered-met
    • Transfered to WP-met
    • Post 5x per week-not met
    • Set date for launch-not met
  • Project 6DC
    • Post 5x per week-not met
    • 5 hours research, design, plan, etc-not met
  • Project CD&S
    • Write 10 pages each site-not met
    • Research for net 10 pages-met
  • Blog Team
    • Set up blog-met
    • Post link to details in forums-met
    • e-mail those who have shown interest-met
    • Chose team members-met
  • JFPx-1
    • Put on hold-not met
MILESTONES
  • Transfered Blogger.com blogs to WordPress
  • Registered domains with GoDaddy and hosted them myself
  • Accepted moderator position


TRAFFIC











UNPLANNED
  • Moved Blogger blogs to WP and catagorized all posts
  • Gathered information to make a website
  • Registered domains with a different company other than my hosting company
  • Became a moderator
  • Considered my first internet purchase (decided against it for now)
  • Applied for first affiliate and was accepted
SEPTEMBER REVIEWED

Though I didn't meet some of my goals posting and my little bit of traffic dropped, I still feel postitive about last month. I took on some new chanllenges and gained new skills. I realized I want to do more than I will do, this lesson will help me with future goal setting. I learned to follow my own motto of "Let today turn out better than planned". I didn't get to CD&S-1 like I wanted, but it turned out fine since my son, Rob, re-evaluated it and we decided to go a different route. Last month I was sick, had my teeth worked on (DEEP cleaning-ouch), and had a cyst on my face (went to the doctor the first time in 3 or more years!). The cyst ruptured on its own and I can put off having it removed for now. It reminded me to watch my health and add relaxing to my day more often. Since the previous three happened about the same week, I realized I was getting run down. Started doing my best to get someone to take one of my 4 hour shifts once a week so I can have a day off. Till Netpreneur gets going again, there's not much to do as moderator. The drop in my little bit of traffic is due to posting less on forums. Will wait to get Ideas moved and then focus on some posting.

OCTOBER GOALS
  • Z4
    • Create 2 web sites
      • Link them together
    • Add AdSense
    • Add some affiliates for sales
    • Write 6 articles
  • Group Home
    • Set launch date
    • 30 days/30 posts before launch
  • CD&S-1
    • Write 12 pages
  • Ideas
    • Move to its own domain
    • Transfer to WP
      • Catorgorize all post
    • 2 posts per week
  • Team 6D
    • E-mail applications
    • Start team
      • Even if not full team start
    • Do requirements
    • Clean up team blog
    • Post 2x per week on team blog
  • SBB-(daughters' blog)
    • Help each of them post 3x per week
The month is 1/2 over and I have a start on the above goals. I feel these goals are more attainable and have begun on them.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Jan's Idea Box