src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">

JAN'S IDEA BOX

Simple ideas, motivation, and brainstorming for beginning entrepreneurs. Folllow my journey as I learn about internet business, blogs, and websites. Get to know some fellow internet entrepreneurs and enjoy some off topic ideas, too, while you're here.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

DID YOU KNOW?

I was a state finalist in the Illinois Miss United Teenager Pageant?
It was a fun experience and met lots of nice people. My scrapbook has been packed away for years. My boys don't remember me showing it when they were little. I don't think my daughers ever saw the scrapbook. Everyone thought it was pretty cool, but they couldn't help but laugh at the hair style!!
I did my community service hours required for the pageant with Easter Seals. I participated in a fundraising fair and I also raised funds for them while participating in a dance marathon. I went way over the minimum required hours both years.

I was in the pageant in 1977 and 1988. I received the Miss Congeniality award in 1988.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Jan's Idea Box