src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">

JAN'S IDEA BOX

Simple ideas, motivation, and brainstorming for beginning entrepreneurs. Folllow my journey as I learn about internet business, blogs, and websites. Get to know some fellow internet entrepreneurs and enjoy some off topic ideas, too, while you're here.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

JOIN UP

Can your business help a good cause?

I like to write and take photos. I have a son who is a childhood cancer survivor. I put together a collection of photos and writings together called Cactus, Cancer, and Chemo. It's a collection of writings and photos relating cactus survival of the desert and cancer treatment survival.

I joined my business up with a good cause. I picked a cause I feel passionate about. I don't have to pretend to care about it. CureSearch Gold Ribbon Days is June 19-21, 2006. It's held every year in Washington, DC. I was paying my water bill at a council office near where I live. The lobby usually has displays from local schools. Schools that are closed for the summer. I offered to put up my collection with my son's work and his story. I coordinated it to start during Gold Ribbon Days which brings awareness to childhood cancer issues.

I joined my business with a cause, I joined that with an empty lobby display, and joined that with a national event.

I go the official OK today-I will put up my display on June 19! I'm very excited and have lots to do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Jan's Idea Box